after lucas proposed to sarah in england, they both went to oregon to meet luke's parents and spend Christmas together. it was then we set a date for our wedding: may 06, 2006 (after much prayer and agreement). little did we know (it was the beginning of our experience with government bureaucracy), it takes an estimated 6 months or more to apply for a fiance visa in america. well everyone made their jokes about how it was gonna be a webcam wedding (that sarah would marry me while in another country), parents struggled with mailing invitations, and friends and family struggled with booking flights. but... GOD was faithful. sarah arrived 1 week before the wedding and everything was perfect. GOD is good.
(Jeremiah 29.11-13) For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.
What a wonderful testament to God's faithfulness... Luke and Sarah, we are sooo excited to see how God continues to show you his faithfulness. I am excited to hear about all the adventures that God is going to take you through. Miss you tons already, we are praying!
ReplyDelete